}

1 January 1991

Beauty

  • It was one of those days when it's a minute away from snowing and there's this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it. And this bag was, like, dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember... and I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in.   American Beauty
  • Beauty is to the spirit what food is to the flesh. It fills an emptiness in you which nothing else can fill. Frederick Buechner
  • We all share beauty. It strikes us indiscriminately. . . . There is no end to beauty for the person who is aware. Even the cracks between the sidewalk contain geometric patterns of amazing beauty. If we take pictures of them and blow up the photographs, we realize we walk on beauty every day, even when things seem ugly around us. Matthew Fox in Creation Spirituality

0 comments:

Clicky