}

1 January 2009

2009 Highlights

Saying Goodbye to Ally



Priceless Moments


Less happy moments


New friends met this year

Purchases
  • GPS for the car



2009 in more detail


A difficult year

2009 has been a very tough year.  In mid July 2009, Ally and I started a trial separation and in December, the trial separation became permanent. The reasons for our split are too personal to put on a public blog but thankfully we remain good friends and we have many special memories we share.


Mum and Mike's visit

This year did have some highlights in between the sad bits.  Mum and Mike visited us in Sydney for a second time and I got to spend some good, quality time with them at places like West Head, Watson's Bay, Bobbin Head, ChinatownBerry Island, Bondi and fishing with Doug and Claudia.


Weekend Excursions

We had a couple of good weekends away including Jamberoo Water Park and camping at Kiama.


Learning teaching

From September to December, I did a CELTA course to learn how to teach English.  I enjoyed the course although it was intense.  I did well and got an A for it which less than 5% of people do.  I plan to travel and teach English one of these days, though not sure when as I have dear little Mack to think about.


Visiting Cape Town

In December, I visited South Africa and we had a great family Xmas reunion.  My gorgeous niece and nephew are growing up so fast. Sam had her ninth birthday this year and had her ears pierced!  She also scored her first hockey goal.  Matthew turned six and he lost his first tooth.  Jo got into cake decorating and made some delicious looking creations.


Mack

Mack is as cute and wonderful as ever and showed that he loves water as much as I do.  Mack has been a tremendous comfort to me this year.  He and mum have helped keep me sane.


Photography

I had some good photography outings this year.  Highlights included The Blue Mountains, The Royal National Park, Forrester's Beach, Taronga Zoo, the Balmoral Burn, Turimetta and the amazing Vivid Lights Festival.  I also did some volunteer photography for Oxfam.

I also tried my hand at some sports photography including the Sydney triathlon,  school softball , rugby and football.

I learned a lot about Lightroom and Photoshop and using them to improve photos.  I created a dedicated site for my photography.  I also won some photography competitions, including the Mosman Camera Club's shot of the year which I was very chuffed about.


Best Movies

I watched a stack of movies this year, including revisiting many of the classics.  Best movies this year were:
  • District 9
  • Inglorious Basterds
  • Avatar
  • Invictus
  • The Big Sleep
  • The Lives of Others
  • Vertigo
  • Goodfellas


Best Books
  • The Pillars of the Earth  (Ken Follett)
  • World without End  (Ken Follett)



2009 Index of Links


Family (Sydney)


Friends (Sydney)


Family (Cape Town)



Photographic Outings



Beach and Coast

City

Special events

Nature reserves

Taronga Zoo

Sport

Editing and Competitions

Other



Related


0 comments:

Clicky