}

1 January 1991

I am enough as I am

.
I love myself as I am
  • Behold thyself in glory. Love thyself as I love you. In this way you honour Me. It is your duty to love yourself deeply, totally, unconditionally. To see yourself as something of great worth. To do less is to deny the task for which you were born. What of your faults and inadequacies? Resolve to love them as part of who you are. You are beautiful because of them. They are part of your uniqueness, like markings on a wild animal. They give you flavour. Make you real. Allow yourself and others to make mistakes, miss opportunities, and make foolish decisions. Recognise and accept your vulnerability and fragility. Your quirks and idiosyncrasies - all part of who you are. You are beautiful and special because of your humanness - in fact, this is where your true beauty lies. As the day accepts the sun and the night accepts the moon, so you accept yourself. And so you become complete and whole. John Kehoe
  • I resolve to renounce all guilt and remorse for all mistakes, past and future. I do my best. No more is asked. Sometimes I will make bad decisions. Sometimes consequences will result which will hurt others. I am human. But I will not pay too much heed to these things. I will offer a silent prayer and move on. There is no point in regret or self-recrimination. For no matter how dire the consequences I imagine, the sun will still shine. Rivers will still run. The tree will produce fruit. The ocean tides will ebb. When I allow myself to be human and let go of my harsh judgements, I flower and bloom. My eyes are opened to my worth. Talents and gifts I never knew I had, begin to reveal themselves. Every part of me bathes in the warm glow of love and acceptance. Strengths, abilities, weaknesses and inadequacies. All things become new. No regret or shame. A life nourished from within. As the day accepts the sun and the night accepts the moon, so I accept myself. And so I become complete and whole. John Kehoe
  • I am the prism by which all is perceived. I need not change, make myself better or more beautiful - I have merely to behold myself as beautiful and it will be so. Wondrous, it is so. John Kehoe
  • Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. Marianne Williamson
  • Respect heroes above men, gods above demi- gods, but above all, respect yourself. Pythagoras

The strength from within
  • When your centre is strong, everything else is secondary. Elie Wiesel
  • A pleasant and happy life does not come from external things. Man draws from within himself, as from a spring, pleasure and joy. (Plutarch)
  • Eliminate dependency. I may want but I do not need. I am the sunshine of my life and having you in it makes it even brighter. Dr Wayne W. Dyer
  • He that respects himself is safe from others; He wears a coat of mail that none can pierce. Longfellow
  • Joy is not in things, it is in us. (Richard Wagner)
  • How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone. Coco Chanel
  • When you do not require a person to show up as you imagine you need them to be, then you can drop expectation. Then you love them exactly as they are. Yet this can only happen when you love your Self exactly as you are. N. D. Walsch
  • Accept yourself as you are right now. I may not be perfect, but I okay just the way I am. Richard Carlson

I am enough
  • I grow to experience greater happiness, not to improve or because I feel incomplete. Dr Wayne W. Dyer
  • Happiness is having a sense of self - not a feeling of being perfect but of being good enough and knowing that you are in the process of growth, of being, of achieving levels of joy. Leo Buscaglia
  • I may not be totally perfect but parts of me are excellent. Ashleigh Brilliant
  • Freedom from must and shoulds is freedom from musturbation.  Replace musts and shoulds with I may or I choose. Albert Ellis

0 comments:

Clicky