}

1 January 1991

The power of stillness

I will Find You in the Stillness
  • You need not leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. You need not even listen, simply wait. You need not even wait, just learn to be quiet, and still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked. It has no choice; it will roll in ecstasy at your feet. Deepak Chopra
  • Searching with my mind is like swimming on the surface - swim the whole ocean and I will find nothing. I sink to the place of stillness within. From here the inner presence nourishes me with living waters. From here my prayers carry much power. From here the voice speaks to me sweetly. Helps me in my day-to- day affairs. Tells me truths long forgotten by my race. John Kehoe
  • In the stillness, you will find your true being. In the silence, you will hear the breathing of your soul - and of God. You will find God in the Stillness. N. D. Walsch
  • To the mind that is still, The whole universe surrenders. Chuang Tzu
  • I lovingly nurture the god in embryo that lies deep within my soul. I awaken myself to the deep stillness that lies deep within my heart. Deepak Chopra
  • All power comes from the Great Mystery. I can draw directly from the great cosmic reservoirs. The Path of Power involves becoming less, not more. Less of me, the ego. More of the Great Mystery. When I quieten my mind and remain in stillness and feel this power, I feel renewed and empowered. To do this is to drink from the living waters. Here is the source of all power. And here too, is my centre - not only mine but the centre of all centres. As my consciousness expands, my whole being changes and I vibrate at a higher frequency. Inner truths are perceived. Veils are lifted. I see with new eyes. John Kehoe
  • Nothing worth knowing can be understood with the mind. Woody Allen
  • The cosmic psyche whispers to us softly in the gap between our thoughts. We can learn more about the universe "between our thoughts" than actually "from our thoughts". Deepak Chopra
  • Silence is the language of God; It is also the language of the heart. Dag Hammerskjold
  • Much silence has a mighty noise. Swamile

The Journey Inwards
  • The longest journey of any person is the journey inward. Dag Hjalmar Agné
  • I soon realized that no journey carries one far unless, as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within. Lillian Smith
  • I think that I travelled not outwards but within… Imtiaz Dharker

Stillness in Nature
  • In the mountain, stillness surges up to explore its own height; In the lake, movement stands still to contemplate its own depth. Sir Rabindranath Tagore
  • Untroubling and untroubled where I lie, the grass below, above, the vaulted sky. Clare John
  • Twilight has always seemed like God's indrawn breath, a pause in the progression of time. Emilie Richards

The Pure Witness
  • When the mind is quiet, we come to know ourselves as the pure witness. Deepak Chopra
  • To see your drama clearly is to be liberated from it. Ken Keyes Jr

Being Still
  • Simply be quiet. Be with your Self in the stillness. Do this daily. Just stop. Stop all your doing ness. Stop all your thinking. Just "be" for a while. Take an hour every day at dawn and give it to your Self. Meet your Self there in the holy moment. Then go about your day. You will be a different person. N. D. Walsch
  • Wherever I go in the midst of movement and activity, I carry my stillness with me. Deepak Chopra
  • I get in touch with the power of pure potentiality by taking time each day to be silent, to just be. I take time each day to commune with nature. I will practice non- judgement. Today I shall judge nothing that occurs. Deepak Chopra
  • Enter into the stillness inside your busy life. Become familiar with her ways. Grow to love her, feel with all your heart and you will come to hear her silent music and become one with Love’s silent song, the song of Songs. Noel Davis
  • Stillness within finds stillness without as the framework through which all activity occurs. Breathe deep and full. Relax always. Grace unfolds from within to dance about in joyous recognition. Rob Campbell
  • He who does not go within, goes without, N. D. Walsch
  • There is a place in you where there is perfect peace. There is a place in you where nothing is impossible. There is a place in you where the strength of God abides. A Course in Miracles
  • To meet everything and everyone through stillness instead of mental noise is the greatest gift you can offer to the universe. Eckhart Tolle
  • Trying to find the Truth through words and speech is like putting your head in a bowl of glue. Yuan Wu
  • The Chinese word for “busy” is composed of two characters: “heart” and “killing.” When we make ourselves so busy that we are always rushing around trying to get this or that “done” or “over with,” we kill something vital in ourselves, and we smother the quiet wisdom in our heart. When we invest our work with judgment and impatience, always striving for speed and efficiency, we lose the capacity to appreciate the six million quiet moments that may bring us peace, beauty, or joy. As we seek salvation through our frantic productivity and accomplishments, we squander the teachings that may be present in this very moment, in the richness of this particular breath. Brother Steindhl-Rast

0 comments:

Clicky