}

2 January 1991

Returning to my path

I stick to my path with the tenacity of a warrior
  • I rededicate and re devote myself again and again after the inevitable lapses and periods of dullness and inactivity. Before any real growth and stability appears I will lose faith, get discouraged, doubt, feel sorry for myself, and wonder if anything will happen. Does this mean I have lost my path? No, not at all - this IS the path. I learn to swim, not just with the current, but against the tide as well. This is not a journey for the timid or frail. I have an infinite amount of compassion for myself. I pick myself up again and again. Everything is as it should be. John Kehoe
  • Our sacred song can only be brought to life when the awakened heart weds the warrior's spirit. The spirit of the warrior is one of resolve and determination. It drives through all obstacles. It is a commitment to follow our vision whatever the vision may be and wherever it may lead. To be genuine in each moment of our life. To be honest with ourselves. To respect the path we have chosen and follow it through to completion. This is how our sacred song is birthed and our destinies are fulfilled. John Kehoe

Tips for building commitment
  • Be committed. Make personal promises and stick by them. Don't let exceptions occur. Add to your Personal Integrity Account. This is your reserve of character and confidence to power future commitments.
  • Be committed. Never let an exception occur. Sense huge benefits for changing. Leverage pain for not changing. Playfully interrupt old limiting patterns. Repeat new behaviours for at least 3 weeks. Reward yourself. Remember, life is an ebb and a flow. Keep getting back on.
  • We all love to win, but how many of us love to train. Mark Spitz

I live life on my own terms
  • Be an original; not a copy
  • Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn. Gore Vidal
  • Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second- rate version of somebody else. Judy Garland
  • There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way. Christopher Morley
  • Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their life a mimicry, their passions a quotation. Oscar Wilde
  • Dare to question old ways, rules and taken for granted beliefs. Dr Irene C. Kassorla
  • Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools
  • Sacred cows make the best hamburgers. Mark Twain
  • Loyalty to a petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul. Mark Twain
  • We think as we do, mainly because other people think so. Samuel Butler

I take responsibility
  • Stop blaming others. Take accountability for your own happiness and for your reactions to other people. When you stop blaming others, you will regain your sense of personal power. Richard Carlson
  • I never blame anyone or anything for my situation, including myself. Having accepted this circumstance, I am able to have a creative response to the situation as it is now. Deepak Chopra

Criticism won't stop me
  • The first and great commandment is, "Don't let them scare you".
  • It is impossible to go through life without incurring a good deal of disapproval. It is the way of humanity, the dues you pay for your aliveness. Dr Wayne Dyer
  • Criticism has few terrors for a man with great purpose. Benjamin Disraeli
  • To escape criticism - do nothing, say nothing, be nothing. Elbert Hubbard
  • They will say you are on the wrong road if it is your own. Antonio Porchia
  • If you are not criticized, you may not be doing much. Donald H. Rumsfeld
  • I don't know the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. Bill Crosby
  • Remember that no one ever kicks a dead dog. Hutchins
  • Don't waste time responding to your critics. Life's Little Instruction Book
  • Every man is the creature of the age in which he lives; very few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of the time. Voltaire
  • It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives on valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. Theodore Roosevelt
  • Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Albert Einstein
  • One fifth of the people are against everything all of the time. Robert F. Kennedy
  • A non-doer is very often a critic. It is easy to be a critic, but being a doer requires effort, risk and changes. Dr Wayne W. Dyer

Mistakes won't stop me
  • To be successful, double your failure rate. Thomas Watson Founder of IBM
  • Mistakes are my portals of discovery
  • If you are not making many errors, you might ask yourself "How many opportunities am I missing by not being more aggressive?" Roger von Oech
  • How far high failure overleaps the bounds of low success. Lewis Morris
  • Mistakes are the dues you pay for leading a full life. Sophia Loren
  • If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. John Kenneth Galbraith
  • If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner. Tallulah Bankhead

I am authentic and assertive
  • Respect Yourself
  • Respect heroes above men, gods above demi- gods, but above all, respect yourself. (Pythagoras)
  • Many things are lost for want of asking. (George Herbert)
  • If I had no-one else to think about, what would I do? Will it hurt others in their own walks? No? Then do it! This is my life. My choices.
  • Never let someone force you to make a hasty decision. Think about it in your own time.
  • When it comes to reciprocal commitments of any kind, I have a right to demand a serious response. I can be assertive.
  • I am completely and authentically, all that I choose to be, in this moment. I am aware of what I am choosing to be, I am honest about it, and I accept responsibility for it. N. D. Walsch
  • I feel free to ask. I am open about my feelings.
  • Stick to facts, rather than opinions. Facts are neutral and do not imply criticism. Try to use I rather than you. i.e. I feel angry when you are late. Not "You make me angry when..."
  • Be assertive. Go for what you want. The meek will inherit nothing.
  • Be a Lion. Ask!! No is the worst they can say. Ask and you will receive.
  • Disapproval is the price you pay for a full, healthy life.
  • Remove guesswork from all your relationships - ask direct questions about feelings. Dr Irene C. Kassorla

Obstacles won't stop me
  • The obstacle is the path. Zen Proverb
  • You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him.
  • When you come to a roadblock, take a detour. Mary Kay Ash
  • We will either find a way or make one. Hannibal
  • Obstacles are those fearsome things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
  • What if Columbus had been told, "Chris baby, don't go now. Wait until we've solved our No.1 priorities - war and famine; poverty and crime; pollution and disease; illiteracy and racial hatred - and Queen Isabella's own brand of internal security." W.I.E.Gates
  • “If the road you travel has no obstacles - it leads nowhere”

0 comments:

Clicky