}

26 June 2004

A fun evening in Cambridge at the fun fair

Feeding the 5000

Ah, the joys of English summer in Cambridge. Friday night we popped into Waitrose on the way home from work and purchased lots of picnic goodies. Then off to the bank of the river Camb for a feast where we discovered we'd been far too generous with our rations (that's the problem when you shop when you're hungry!). Never mind, it'll do us for the rest of the weekend...



Strawberry Delights

Strawberries are back in season here in the UK (just in time for Wimbledon!) - and being a lover of this delectable, saucy summer fruit, i am in heaven...



Nothing's as fun as a fun fair...

Ally and I ventured on a picnic to Jesus Green and happened upon a festive fun-fair. So after our meal, we went to explore. I'm still on my sugar diet and found myself inexplicably lusting after the candie floss and toffee apples. Ah, the temptations!! i got my fix on an adrenaline cursing ride instead, and ally and i also delighted in the bumper cars.



Big Wheel

I like this photo. Captured with my new, miniscule Canon digital camera with an aperture and speed of i know not what... that's the beauty of these little beauts, you just point & click... although, you can bracket the exposure up and down so it does have some flexibility...



Gravitational Torture

Towards the evening, i went on this totally terrifying ride (ally refused point blank to join me, being the sensible one she is). i soon found myself rocketing and twirling and twisting around and down and up while my stomach heaved and my jowels furrowed against the rampant gravitational forces like those of James Bond in "Moonraker". Felt pretty wobbly for an hour afterwards and couldn't even shoot straight (my usual fun-fair speciality) to win Ally her customary bear. But i'd do it again at the drop of a hat. Masochist me...

0 comments:

Clicky