}

11 September 2004

Lisbon

.
New Lisbon

Off to Lisbon for a day and a night to get our Portuguese dealer sold on a web site. The meeting went very well and then it was straight off to do some sightseeing (first time in this part of the world).

My hotel was right accross from the grounds of the Expo 98 so that was my first port of call. Lots of very modern, flashy buildings. I took the lift to the top of the tower (see middle photo) for a good view. The Lisbon bridge is very impressive. Built specially for the Expo, it reaches 17 km's accross a very wide river.







Old Lisbon

It got pretty dark very quickly once I got to downtown Lisbon which was a pity because it was beautiful and there were photo opportunities galore. I walked up to the castle on the hill that looked down onto the city (see last photo) and it provided a relaxing spot to contemplate. I found the city to be suprsingly run down in parts, but very atmospheric and packed with history. Not that I had a chance to see that much! Hopefully, I'll be able to wrangle another trip in a month's time.









0 comments:

Clicky