}

11 April 2005

Weekend in Jersey

We spent a wonderful weekend with Rosemarie and Nick in Jersey this weekend. Nick has changed companies recently, requiring a move from Guernsy and they are settling in. It was great to spend some qulaity time with R&N. And Jersey really impressed us with some gorgeous coast line and open spaces. It's a great island.

On Friday night, we went to a local performance of Carousel - a great "Rogers and Hammerstein" musical. We recognised lots of the songs without ever having realised they come from this particular musical. I'd like to see some more of their musicals now - particularly South Pacific which I remember watching as a kid (and being blown away - it was my first ever musical) but haven't seen again since. They also wrote King and I and Oklahoma to name but a few.





Aren't Rosemarie's ear muffs cute! I only realised when we had got home that I hadn't got any photos of Nick. He was on top form this weekend - making us all laugh all weekend long. He's a bit like Gramps - always full of funny stories. He has been in amateur dramatics for many years - and we got to see some great video footage of him in some of his previous musicals including Carmen, Carousel, Oklahoma and Carmen.





2 comments:

Robyn said...

G your mood shots are really coming on. As your eye becomes even more refined it is amazing what treaure can be found in the whorl. Another whole dimension for you to explore is sea shells. R.

Graeme said...

Thanks Robyn. I'll keep my eyes out for some shells when i'm next on the beach.

Clicky