}

15 May 2005

Update

It's been a quiet couple of weeks.

Ally spent a couple of nights in London - she went to Lee-Anne's birthday party and a all-girls transvestite show with her work mates. Apparently it was very risque and lots of fun. Her job is still going ok, not too much stress.

I spent a day in Gothenberg on Tuesday, flew in early in the morning and back late at night. I got to spend a fun evening with my colleagues from North America who I email and speak to daily but hardly ever see.

We've started watching some of the nature documentaries that we've been collecting. David Attenborough's Life of Mammals is pure genius.
I've reached 208 of the top 250 movies. Over the last few weeks, I've seen Twelve Monkeys, Dog Day Afternoon, Rio Bravo, Bringing up Baby and The Straight Story. All of them pretty good, if I was to recommend any one it would have to be The Straight Story: slow and moving story of an old man who travels accross a state on a lawn mover, with a trailor, to visit his sick brother.

We also went to see Kingdom of Heaven at the Cinema so Ally got to oggle Orlando Bloom, her favourite eye candy at the moment.

We're doing a Triathlon next week as part of our life list. Neither of us has done much intensive training so it's going to be a little tough. I had to run for the train the other day and got totally out of breath! Hopefully my rollerblading and tennis will at least make some difference.

Talking of exercise, I've also got into the positive habit of going for a half hour walk every day at work after lunch through the picturesque village of Duxford with some colleagues - which I really enjoy. Makes all the difference to a day hunched over the computer.

Caroline and her other half are also visiting for the weekend, and we're hoping to go punting with them on Friday night. Will be great to spend time with them. I'm really going to miss seeing Caroline when we leave. She's a good friend.

I need to take a few days leave so am playing with the idea of getting a cheap flight to Poland and visiting the famous Polish forests a couple of hours from Warsaw. It's a very good spot for birding. If I go, it will probably some time in June. I want to make the most of being here in Europe. We're also looking forward to our trip to Canada.

4 comments:

Mum said...

Ahy not join us in Prague for a couple of days? We'll be there from the 20 - 28th June and have a bed sit apartment so I'm sure we could accommodate you!

Graeme said...

not a bad idea!!

Robyn said...

How did the triathlon go? Prague sounds like a wonderful trip. A TV programme informed me that Moroco has more bird than most countries. Have you heard about it?

Graeme said...

I hadn't thought about Morocco - I'll investigate it!

Clicky