}

23 August 2005

Vancouver

Wow, what a gorgeous, fabulous city!! I can see why it is routinely voted as one of the top three cities in the world to live in. We met up with Keira at her flat on Friday evening and spent a wonderful weekend with her. So great to see my lovely, bubbly cousin again! She lives in a very nice flat downtown that is really central. We got to sleep on her bed; she on the floor. How's that for family spirit! She absolutely rocks as a guide and showed us all the sites with great relish. We had a fantastic time visiting Granville Island and Stanley Park and slogging up the "Grouse Grind." Also went shopping to capitalise on the power of the mighty pound in Canada - and had our first true "sushi" meal - a very fishy (and delicious) "all you can eat" affair.


3 comments:

Mum said...

Fantastic pics. I knew Keira would show you all the highlights. I just wish I could have shared it with you because it is a fantastic city and I spent far too little time there.

Graeme said...

having been reminded here of the allure of the outdoor life, i'm very relieved we are leaving the UK, or i'd be feeling a little depressed right now. good timing.

Robyn said...

Looks fabulous. I'm goingto try some sushi today. We have a new restaurant in the Reddam shopping centre. If it is any good I will take you there in December. R

Clicky