}

4 June 2006

Eating Fluffy, the rodent

Well, we finally tried guineapig - a local delicacy. It tasted pretty good actually (mainly because of the good barbecue sauce on it) but it was bony and not too much meat. And yes, like most weird meats, it tasted a lot like chicken.

I do feel a little guilty, I must admit (not that you would think so from the photo below - the guilt struck later!).

We had guineapigs as pets when I was a kid and I loved them tremendously. One day our dog inexplicably went beserk and barked at them ferociously through the cage. All 3 of our beloved guineapigs proceeded to die from fright. Devastating it was and I cried for days.

And now I have gone and eaten one. Gulp.

By the way, the photo of the live guineapig is not the one we ate. It was taken at a guineapig farm in Titicaca, Peru.






6 comments:

Russell said...

G you sadistic bastard!! How could you do that to that poor cute Guinea pig :-(
It breaks my heart to see such callous attitude to natures lovely animals.
Next thing you'll be killin a bull, just to snack on its nuts!!

Colleen said...

A guinea pig - ag shame, poor thing!
Still looks like you guys are having amazing times. Great to read about your adventures - keep them rolling!
Cx

Keira said...

yeah i'd have issues with guinea pigs too...memories of my childhood....(sigh)...as long as you don't try dog!

glad to hear all is well
k:)

Trish said...

How could you!!?? Bet you weren't even starving!!!Looks like Monty, my favourite pet as a child.Remind me to hide any pets next time you visit!!!

mum said...

When I think of the tears you shed when Tina scared your pet guinea pigs to death I cannot believe you actually ate one!

Robyn said...

I think you should have asked to have it as a hamburger pattie!. Plated up the way you had it made it look like dead ..... guinea pig!!!!! I'm not sure that I could have brought myself to munch away. R.

Clicky