}

26 December 2007

Christmas 2007

This Christmas, we drove up to Brisbane to spend a couple of days with our Australian side of the family. We had a great time fully of festive fun and lots of delicious food.

One of the highlight of Xmas for us was having our faces painted! Carleen has turned her creative genius to doing face paintings at parties and after a very short period of time, she has become extremely good at it. Here, as per our requests, is me as Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Kerry as a Tiger and Ally as a Polar Bear. Carleen's has a face painiting site where she has lots of examples of her work. Really fantastic.





Another highlight for me was giving Beth and Richard framed pictures of some of my bird photos (male and female fairy wrens). This is the first time I have ever printed one of my photos and it felt very special. Richard and Beth like their birds and touched with the gift. They insisted I sign it!

On Christmas morning we were up early to watch the kids open their presents from Santa. Then we headed to the beach for a breakfast picnic. One of the presents was water pistols for each person (an inspired gift!!) and we spent a good chunk of our morning shooting at each other. Great to be young again! No photos of the action unfortuntely. But plenty of Glen and the kiddies frolicking in the water and sand...
.




.
Another popular present was this large bubble maker. Ally and Kerry won the prixe for the biggest bubbles...
.

Here is the family all spruced up to goto Xmas Carols at the local school...



...and more photos of the kids. They are absolutely adorable, I am sure you will agree....


...particularly this little one...




Here is one of the famous landmarks on the way up to Brisbane - the "Big Prawn". There is also a Big Banana, Big Pine Apple and Big Marino in Australia but we have yet to tick these exciting icons of Australian culture off our list. Oh, its great to have purpose in life!
.

1 comments:

Russell said...

Ally, shame on you, sticking your tongue out like that! How unbecoming!
I amazed you haven't printed your pics before. I hope to print some myself soon for my wall.

Clicky