}

5 May 2008

The Notebook


A big thank you to Jo for recommending"The Notebook" so highly the other night. It was thanks to her that I diregarded my usual bias against "chick flicks" and I am so glad I did. Not since I can remember have I cried so much in a movie. It is a glorious, unashamed tear jerker. And it simply enthralled me from start to finish. The scene of the two lovers rowing amongst the white geese (and what comes directly after) will rate as one of my favourite movie moments . So thanks Jo. And to anyone who hasn't seen it, do yourself a favour and rent it right away! But make sure you have Kleenex to hand...

And while I am recommending movies, I went to see "Ironman" tonight after seeing its unusually high score on IMDB ( a surefire indication of a great movie).  And I absolutely loved it too. Robert Downey Jr. is a comic genius and unexpectedly makes the perfect super hero. I highly recommend it too.

1 comments:

Trish said...

Mike and I loved The Notebook too. Reminded me so much of Dad. Yes, we needed Kleenex!!

Clicky