}

27 February 2010

Cape Town and Garden Route

After a wonderful Christmas with the family in December 2009, I remained in Cape Town for another 5 weeks.  I was able to share in Matt's 7th birthday party with a water slide and lots of splashing and fun.  I also went taboggening with the family which was a great adrenaline rush, especially when I discovered that Sam has no fear of speed and sees no need to apply the brake on corners!

Other family outings included a trip up Signal Hill to see the new World Cup  football stadium, a picnic at  Llandadno Beach and a day out with mum and the kids at the Waterfront and Oceanarium.  We also did a a lovely Constantia Nek walk as well as walks at Silvermine.

I also got to see Ivor and I caught up with the people from the Hardcore Hiking club at a braai with James and Fiona.  We also went to Scarborough for the day to see Sean.

In addition to family activities, I took many photos in and around Cape Town at places like Table MountainPaarl, the Muizenberg to Kalk Bay walk, KirstenboschFranschhoekHout Bay and Chapman's PeakCape PointCamps BayBoulders Beach and the World of Birds.

During the last part of my holiday, I did the Garden Route including Knysna, Nature's Valley, Oudshoorn and Robberg (in Plett). It was good to see this beautiful part of the world again. As usual, a highlight for me was the gorgeous Storm's River National Park where I did the first day of the Otter Trail. I love the way the ocean pounds the coast along this park's rocky shoreline and the sensation of walking across the suspension bridge.

In Cape Town, I did my first official photoshoot which produced some nice portraits of Meggan's children.  It was my first paying "gig"   I got a great shirt out of the deal!

0 comments:

Clicky