}

12 October 2010

Student isms

I asked my students in lower intermediate class to write me a short essay on their "ideal holiday."

Jisu, who is a lovely guy from Korea, wrote the following:
"My ideal holiday is go to the beach with my girlfriend and play with her there."  

He later went on to mention activities like surfing, suntanning and drinking beer - but that's not what first came to mind!  He got me really chuckling.

I shared it with my fellow teachers and that got us all talking and sharing other "studentisms" that had come up in their classes.


Here are some of the goodies:


A letter from Bella to a teacher:
I was heard lots about you before I get in this class.  Do you remember EAP class that you taught before?  There were one gay in your class is my boyfriend.

Written in an Intermediate writing test:
I miss my family.  I especially miss my son who is a dog. 

When told to finish the sentence:  "After finding a dinosaur in the street...", Chung Wan wrote:
...I stopped doing drugs.

Written by a lower intermediate:
I always love her more and more.  I want her to know my hot heart every day.

And another:
After getting a bachelor, I'm going to go USA to get a scholar.

In an EAP class:
Kaplan has a lot of other cuntry student.


By a French student
The aim of travel is simple, after 6 months I should speak English as Elizabeth II


When asked to fill in a grammar exercise using the pictures as a prompt:


0 comments:

Clicky