}

17 July 2011

Abandoned Dunlop Factory (Alexandria, Sydney)

Similar to the Glebe Tram Sheds, this is a derelict, old factory that has stood vacant for many years and has been reclaimed by nature (I never knew weeds could grow so thick) and graffiti artists. It's a great place to potter and appreciate the graffiti art but I wouldn't like to come here at night.










Introducing the all new Renault wreckage...

The highlight for me was this old car, a Renault that has seen better days, painted in shocking pink.  What a beaut she is.





Graffiti Art

Like the Glebe Tram shed, the graffiti was absolutely beautiful.  It will be a pity when they inevitably knock all these old places down.




















Location of Dunlop Factory  

Near corner of  Euston & Bowden Streets, Alexandria (see map).  Apparently, the gates are not always open, so then you'll need to go round the back.

2 comments:

Ana Rodrigues said...

I love graffit art.
I took a picture similar to Renault , in The Rocks, when I was in Sydney.
I posted in my blog for you see.

Ana Rodrigues said...

I think the cities become happier with the graffiti art. Fantastic the one with Heath Ledger/Jocker.

There are great graffitis in Rio. In particular the one. It looks like Picasso art.
http://mindxmind.wordpress.com/about/hellomotoiden-31/
http://mindxmind.wordpress.com/about/

I will send you a nice graffiti that I took a photo in Bondi Beach.

About Sydney Theatre Company, I posted again here my comment.
You can see her in a play in next november or december. Big and Small will be released in November 7th. There are tickets available.
http://www.sydneytheatre.com.au/2011/gross-und-klein
It will be great if you see the Night with the Actors after the play
Monday 28 November 6.30pm
Post-show discussion with the cast and creative team.
When I saw Uncle Vanya, I went to the Night with the Actors. It's a nice experience. The cast and the director chat with the audience after the play. I went your class on Monday and two hours after I was at Sydney Theatre to see the play. I said to some colleagues, but was not possible get the tickets in the same day. All the tickets sold out in June or July 2010.

Clicky