}

4 July 2011

Boulder hopping to Canyon X (Narrabeen)

I read that Canyon X is great place to do photography at dawn. The only problem is that to get there, you have to get down a steep cliff using ropes. See here for a video of this.  In the dark (to get there at dawn), it's something of a challenge!

The other option is to do some serious boulder hopping from North Narrabeen beach.  I decided to do the latter - and do it in the daylight.  Maybe in the future, I'll try a dawn shoot, but for now I was just happy to scout it out and explore a new place.  It's pretty cool  place with sheer cliffs and a blow hole that sucks water in and then spurts it out.  My photos are very average because the light wasn't right but I really enjoyed it.









Here is how Canyon X looks like at dawn, shot by a really good photographer (Brent, a hero and photographic role model of mine.)

On the way back, I got some snaps of surfers and some gulls.








And North Narrabeen beach...


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the clouds reflections in the water G, Cheers Nic

Clicky