}

4 January 2012

Happy New Year, everybody!

For the midnight fireworks, I walked to the Balls Head nature reserve. There were lots of people jostling for position at the more obvious vantage spots, but luckily I knew of a small, tucked away cove right on the water's edge where I was one of only a few. There was tons of space to laze out and chat with other revellers and it was a fantastic spot for the show with simultaneous views of all three sets of fireworks (over Harbour Bridge, city and Darling Harbour.) The most difficult decision was which set of fireworks to photograph! When all was over, I walked home past the Waverton station and it was pandemonium! Hundreds of people queued up waiting for the train. I feel very fortunate to live where I do, and have all this right on my doorstep.
















9 comments:

james said...

one word...Fantastic...you'll have to tell me the settings...good tripod works wonders..cheers Happy New Year..will look forward to taking some pics with your expertise..even I can't mess up...!

Mum said...

What fantastic photos. It must have been an amazing experience and one year Mike and I want to be in Sydney to see it. However you'll have to find us a less dangerous spot - I don't do balancing on cliffs! Happy New Year and many more photographic excursions in 2012.

Tony Carlyon said...

As always Graeme, fabulous pictures! Happy New Year!

Jo said...

Beautiful photo's G!! Happy New Year to you. Can't wait to see your this year!!!!!!!

Dorothy said...

As always fantastic photos.
Happy New Year Graeme, have a great 2012.
Dorothy
x

Cinema com Ana Rodrigues said...

Happy New Year, Greame ! That your dreams be reality !

What fantastic pictures ! And you had an adventure to took them. Some fireworks look like flowers, daisies !

One of my dreams is being in Sydney next New Year Eve.

Cheers !

Steve said...

Amazing shots. Hope your 'spot' stays secret!

Russell Gowlett said...

Super nice!!

NewsNicola said...

Graeme, some absolutely stunning shots in both blog entries. Wow! Puts Perth fireworks to shame! :) Wonderful pictures, wish I'd taken them!! :) lots a love Nic

Clicky