}

25 April 2013

Anzac day paddle (and trying out Honu!)

I went for a wonderful, soul restoring kayak this morning on the harbour.  Keeping up with Dani and co in their lighter, more streamlined outriggers was hard work (well impossible actually), but it was an amazingly clear, crisp, still morning and everyone was very patient with my slow progress across the bay from Clontarf  to Manly and back.  I then got to try out Honu (Dani's outrigger) myself - what a beauty she is and how effortlessly she glides across the water.  Not quite as stable as a kayak though, as I discovered the hard way when Honu (meaning Turtle in Hawaiian) cheekily dumped me.  Oh well, getting wet is what it's all about!








2 comments:

Mum said...

Good thing you were wearing a life jacket. I see Dx does not need one. Practice makes perfect. What a stunning day for being on the weater.

Graeme said...

Dx was wearing a life jacket!! It's around her waist so you can't see it. Life jackets are compulsory in Australia - they do love their rules here!!

Clicky