}

23 September 2014

Sydney chocolate tour

For my birthday, Chrisèl treated me to a chocolate tour in the city. We spent a wonderful morning, walking between all the chocolate places, sampling the delicious chocolates, drinking hot chocolate, hearing fascinating facts about chocolate from the friendly tour leader and talking about chocolate with the fellow tour attendees.  The highlight chocolate was a cherry liquor one that tasted like heaven. By the end of the tour, we were both totally stuffed but on a huge sugar high.  Definitely one the best and most memorable birthday presents I've ever received.










After all the sweetness, we felt like something bitter.  So what better than a big jug of beer in Hyde Park!!



In the evening, we met up with  Spanish friend of Chrisèl (Angel) who was visiting Australia with three friends.  Chrisèl hadn't seen Angel for 11 years so there was lots to catch up on.  They were a super bunch of people and we had a great night out, that ended in this very atmospheric, lesser know pub with moose heads on the wall!



3 comments:

Mum said...

My idea of pure heaven!

joanne said...

I think I put on a kilogram just looking at your photo's!

discombob said...

Ooh happy birthday! I did a chocolate tasting tour of London a while back. My fave chocolate was the tobacco leaf choccy - YUM!

Clicky