}

20 February 2015

Letter of gratitude to Jilly



Dearest Jilly

I am so, so grateful to you for so many reasons I hardly know where to begin.

  • Thank you for bringing Eckhart into my life, a beautiful teacher who has helped me to escape the tyranny of my mind and awaken to the beautiful light of my own Being.  It has brought me an experience of peace and inner stillness I couldn't have imagined.   
  • Thank you for bringing Geraldine into my life, a teacher who taught me that by not fearing death, I can more fully embrace life.   
  • Thank you for bringing Nic into my life, a teacher who has taught me the gift of self acceptance and compassion, and the innate perfection in all things, including myself.   
  • Thank you for bringing the beautiful teaching of Adya and Gangaji into my life.   
  • Thank you for being the catalyst to the greatest spiritual transformation I've ever known, especially the unblocking and release of years of repressed pain, which has allowed me to open to love, wonder and joy.   
  • Thank you for bringing HAI into my life and the gift of letting myself be seen and connecing deeply with others.   
  • Thank you for sharing my spiritual journey with me, for providing constant support and encouragement every step of the way.   
  • Thank you for being someone I can be totally real and open and vulnerable with. My first real experience of what true intimacy is. It's the most precious gift in the world.   
  • Thank you for being so real and open yourself, for letting me into your own inner world the way you do, for sharing your joys, hopes, longings and fears.   
  • Thank you for bringing into my life many people who have become such dear friends: Craig, Chris, Desmond, Peter,  Abe, Irene, Shashane, Lydia, Philip and Christina to name but a few.   
  • Thank you for gently challenging me when you can see me stuck in a negative belief or pattern.   
  • Thank you for the beautiful space that is your home and how you make it so freely available for the soul nourishment of others, including me.   
  • Thank you for your wonderful and often naughty sense of humour, for so many delightful laughs.   
  • Thank you for showing me what it's like to be truly young at heart no matter what your age, in touch with your timeless self.   
  • Thank you for all the delicious bowls of Jilly Zoop, made with love, and for all the fellowship we've shared over meals.   
  • Thank you for the example you show in being an attentive, loving space for others, always listening with an open heart.    
  • Thank you for the example you set in being positive and cheerful, despite all the physical pain you feel.   
  • Thank you for your smile and your radiance.    
  • Thank you for bringing the beautiful music of Peter Miller Robinson into my life.   
  • Thank you for wonderful, fun, shared  experiences like our drive up to Kangaroo Valley, watching The 100 Foot Journey, enjoying The New Year fireworks from prime position and delishious lunches at About Life.   
  • Thank you for all the beautiful quotes and gems you've shared via email and Facebook and your slips of paper - and for often reading out the ones that have really touched you.  I've added so many of them to my own collection.   
  • Thank you for the soul nourishing rituals on a Tuesday night, like "Would someone like to start an Om" and "Let's have a cuppa!"    
  • Thank you for all the beautiful hugs we've shared. 
  • Thank you dearest Jilly for all these things and so much more.  Before I met you, I never really knew what love was.  Now, in my meditation and in my life, I regularly experience it so deeply it leaves me reeling.  Love so vast, it cannot be described. Love for everyone.  Love for everything.  It's a pricless gift that is healing and transforming me.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you've done to open me to that.    

If someone offered me 100 million dollars and the only condition was that I didn't get to meet you and experience all that you've brought into my life, I'd happily decline.

I love you more than words can express

G  

1 comments:

Graeme said...

Oh, dear One.
What is there to say..?
You leave me almost speechless.
Except to say your presence has made life rich and full.
You have been my teacher,and my friend.
You have helped me live life without edges.
I have discovered unknown depth to be embraced.
Until we part.....love, jilly.

Clicky