}

30 September 2010

Jo's letter & gift on my 40th

Gift from Jo


Jo's beautiful pillow case that she sent to me on my birthday.



Letter from Jo


Dear Graeme

I hope that you have a fantastic 40th birthday today. May this be the start of a new chapter in your life that is filled with love, wonder, excitement, passion, creativity and contentment. You deserve every good thing that comes into your life!

Thanks for being such a special brother. You were always the patient one, giving me gentle encouragement and support when I needed it. You are going to make / and already are a fantastic teacher. You had it in you from many years back.

We shared so much together growing up. Sunday morning escapades, lots of laughs, secrets and chocolates eaten on the sly. I remember drinking milk with you, then spinning round making ourselves so dizzy and laughing so much that it ended up coming out of my nose!!! Christmas with the Culley's, then the Rusconi's, camping trips that I was jealous not to be able to come on and spending hours playing lego, marbles and Marco Polo in the pool. I remember Sunday roasts"with" "Granny' Doris, "white"cheese sandwhiches eaten at Muizenberg with grandpa and waiting in Dad's car in the parking lot while he combed his hair after surfing - while 10 drivers waited for his spot!!

Dinners to Casanova with Granny and Grandpa Freeway and eating Italian kisses. The joy of cycling round to their Epworth Road house and sleeping over, Granny's crispy roast potatoes and lumpy custard. Mom, who was always there for us, making sure we had everything we needed. Friday nights at Youth and then all the lovely, hysterically funny letters you wrote to me while I was overseas I remember your face through the hospital glass when you saw Sam for the first time. I love the fact that you wear your heart on your sleeve and show emotion - both happy and sad.

My only wish is that lived closer together and got to see more of each other but thank goodness for skype, e-mail and of course picasa!!! Once again, we will be thinking of you all day and I will even drink a dinky champagne in your honour.

With all my love
Joey

0 comments:

Clicky