}

30 January 2016

Movies that were a catalyst to emotional releases

Some movies effected me enough to bring about a significant emotional release.  Here are 5 movies that had such an impact.


Dances with Wolves (1990)


When: When Dunbar and Stands with a Fist ride off together at the end, leaving the tribe and all they love, in order to not endanger the tribe.  Wind in His Hair shouts to Dunbar, reminding him that he is Dunbar's friend.  I was in Cavendish Square and literally sobbed all the way to the car.




Awakenings (1990)


When: Towards the end, where Paula and Sayer (the psychologist) dance together, knowing he is going to return soon to his comatose state.  His tics and spasms momentarily cease.  I was watching the movie with my mum.  The tears flowed and flowed and flowed.



Schindler's List (1993)


When towards the end of the movie, Schindler breaks down and says "I could have saved more people."  Then, just before the credits, many of the surviving Schindlerjuden and the actors portraying them visit Schindler's grave and place stones on its marker (a traditional Jewish sign of respect for the dead), after which Liam Neeson lays two roses. I broke down and sobbed. I had trouble stopping.  Ally comforted me.




Shawshank Redemption (1994)


Dad has passed away just days before.  The movie in its entirety moved me immensely, especially where Andy plays classical music to his fellow inmates and his escape and eventual reunion with Red. I cried and cried in the cinema at the end, I think largely due to the pent up grief of my dad's death.




The Notebook (2004)


This movie really, really effected me and brought on many beautiful tears, especially the beautiful lake scene.  The movie reminded me so much of my Gran and Gramps who were together for 60 years.



Amy (2015)


After I left the movie, I went to my car where I broke down and had the greatest emotional release of my life.  Details here.

0 comments:

Clicky