}

25 March 2016

Home rennovations - a taste

My room and balcony

Bed off the frame for Mackie who's getting old.  I may reconsider if I get a girlfriend :)

Notice my wonderful ergonomic chair. I love it.

Floor with the rug taken up.

I replaced superfluous hanging space in one half of my cupboard with box cubicles. At last, my storage issues are solved:)



I'm very proud of the white steps - built from scratch. I also made the wooden railing on the balcony wall to cover ugly metal. My favourite motto when doing woodwork: Measure twice, cut once.  

The balcony has made such a difference to me. I lie on my deckchair every day and meditate, amongst the plants.  And I gaze onto it from my desk.



I'm in love with plants.  They have a massive impact on my mood and creativity. A lot of very hardy succulents, especially on the balcony.



The Buddha statue had a flashing light in his lap. I soon demolished that!  Now he's got a succulent there which I'm sure he prefers.



Back courtyard

It's been great to transform this space.  All woodwork (raised beds and hanging gardens) made from scratch. 
The herb and veggie garden (bottom right) is doing well; great for cooking.  


Front courtyard





Some whimsical metal statues which I love.



Courtyards Before








3 comments:

Mum said...

We are speechless and flabbergasted and so, so impressed! We had no idea you were so creative and had learned so much. Everything looks amazing and it is no wonder you are proud of your balconies and the garden. What a huge difference it has made. We would hardly recognize the place! Mike is sitting here saying "I am so impressed" over and over and "I can't believe what he has done". Well done! Xx

joanne said...

Wow, Wow, Wow! It looks fantastic. Love all the colour and creativity. Can't wait to see it in person now!!! xx

Chris Daly said...

The Minimalist Master. Excellent will do the same. Cheers

Clicky