}

3 March 2017

Mum's 70th birthday





Dear mum

Happy birthday!  Happy 70 years young.

I feel so blessed to have you as my mum.  You have always been such a vital force in my life. Always there to talk to. Always ready to listen. Always ready to encourage. And always there to support us and love us no matter what.  

You've inspired me in so many ways ...
- your extraordinary, amazing, incredible  generosity of spirit
- your readiness to help anyone in need
- your warm heartedness and natural friendliness
- your resilience in the tough times
- the way you value and nurture your friendships
- your common sense
- your delicious cooking
- your being the most adoring, doting Granny in the world
- your readiness to learn new computer tricks
- your enthusiasm for all you get involved in
- and so much more

What a journey life is - a winding path of ups and downs; joys, adventures and challenges.  Thank you for the vital role you've played on my journey; for starting me on it, for teaching me to walk and run and climb, for encouraging and helping me on the uphills, for contributing to the joys and sharing in the wonders along the way.  Thank you for being the best mum I could ever ask for.  Thank you for being You.

Love
G



Dear mum

There is no way I can really capture everything that has happened in your 70 years in one book but I hope that this gift gives you a small taste of all that you have achieved and experienced.  I have loved making it and reliving some of my favourite childhood memories.

We are all truly blessed to have you in our lives.  You have always been there to support me, both physically and emotionally -  in person and over the phone and, of course, via Whats App!  You are always ready to drop anything to come to the rescue if there is a crisis.

The first thing that stands out for me is your amazing baking - there was always a batch of crunchies at the ready when we got home from school (and recently your winning choc chip cookies) - and the way you always got involved with my school fetes.

I still remember those amazing teddies in a bed you used to make and the incredible dolls clothes you sewed for me.  That suitcase of dolly clothes is still one of my best presents ever received.

It has to be said that the parties you threw for G and I were the best.  Everyone with their own glitter crown and party box with their names on.  Let’s not forget my magical butterfly cakes that I asked you to make year after year.

Thank you for the incredible newsy letters that kept me going throughout my overseas trips and for all the special holidays you have taken us on.

Thank you for loving my children and being such a softie and spoiling them. I love that you are the best mother-in-law to Antony and an incredible friend to Liz, Wendy, Judy, and Barbara to name a few.

I am so proud that you are always pitching in and getting involved whether it be on the Woodsider Magazine, bar duty, project Daphne or making soup for whoever needs it in your neighbourhood.

I am so glad that you got to find happiness a second time after dad died.  You had inner strength that was inspirational to all of us.

I wish you all the health, happiness, love, laughter, sunshine and roses for the next chapter of your life.  Know that you are loved very much and you mean the world to us.

With all my love
Jo
 

0 comments:

Clicky