}

26 April 2019

Sue's funeral

It was a beautiful service which Sue would have loved.  What a pity one doesn't get to attend one's own funeral!  I was responsible for the slide show and it was a great way to reminisce and process my emotions. So many wonderful memories of a very special friendship.



Photo tribute to Sue





Funeral service




Funeral leaflet


Click on it to enlarge





Hi Graeme,

Many congratulations and many thanks for the outstanding job you did for Susan's service.

As you are aware, I sent it out to all those members who were active when Susan was in the club,
as most of the current newer members would not have known her.

I have received so many messages saying how fabulous the videos were, and asking me to say
a big thank you to you for all the work you put into it.

I know that you and she were very close, so it must have been very sad, and yet a labour of love to put it all together.

Graeme you were a wonderful friend and companion to her. She always spoke very highly of you, and the warm relationship that you both enjoyed.

I know that you will miss more that most others.

Once again, many thanks and congratulations for being there for her, and for the fabulous tribute you made.

Yours sincerely,

Hans



Dear Isla

That was such a beautiful celebration today of Sue and her life.  As someone said afterwards "That was the happiest funeral I've ever been to."  Sue would have loved it if she had been there.  Maybe she was, who knows.

Thank you so much for all you did. You guided it all so beautifully and all you said was so profound - it moved me deeply and opened my eyes to new ways of perceiving death. Death really is such a beautiful paradox as you say. Joy and tears. Exquisite, especially when its the death of someone who lived so fully and loved so many.

Your warmth and love and light were so evident today.  Your presence is such a blessing to so many lives.  Thank you for all you do.

G  xxx



Graeme,

I really appreciated your words of thanks following Sue’s funeral. So thoughtful and carefully written.

I am really terrible at promotion/marketing but I am listed on the Funeral Celebrants Association of Australia website with no accompanying info apart from my contact details. I think I would like to put your words next to my profile as a “testimonial”. Just using Sue’s first name and your first name. Would that be ok with you?

Regards

Isla



Hi Graeme,

I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciated getting to “see” Sue’s Memorial Service.  The video made me feel as tho I’d almost been there.  It was a lovely service and your slide show was a wonderful collage of Sue’s very colourful life.

As Sue would have said “thanks muchly” for the time and effort you put into everything and especially creating the website so It could be seen for those who sadly couldn’t be there.

The whole effort was a real credit to you.

Fond regards
Wendy

0 comments:

Clicky