}

11 June 2006

Letters from my childhood

Mum found a stack of childhood letters I sent Gran and Gramps - mostly thank you letters for birthday and Xmas gifts. It turns out they kept most of them, much to my delight. Reading them was a precious trip down memory lane.



Amongst the letters was a drawing I did of one of the annual camping trips I did with Dad and my other gandfather. The drawing features the big orange tent, dad's variant, our old camping table, and the tree we would eat under. Vivid and special memories - thanks to Gran and Gramps for their unexpected gift from the past, and to mum for making me write thank you letters when I was a kid!


Here is an old photo of the camping trip where you can see all the elements I mentioned above.


2 comments:

Robyn said...

G, these truly are precious. Thanks for sharing them. Love, R.

Louisa said...

Thats very cool!

Clicky